Thursday, December 2, 2010

Blessed

Ten years ago I was a 15 year old freshman in high school. Living and loving life...not a care in the world. Straightening my hair to go to basketball games. Hanging out at Steak 'n Shake. Thinking I was "it" with my learner's permit. Oh yes, those were the days.

Fast forward ten years, and I am a 25 year old wife and mother to one awesome two year old boy and another little boy on his way any day now. I am a teacher to a group of kids who need guidance and support. I graduated from college and am pursuing my masters degree to further my education as well as career. I have a house, a car, a bank account and a steady household income. I am healthy..my husband is healthy...my children are healthy...my family is healthy. Everyone is happy. Everyone is employed. We are all blessed.

In this holiday season, I look around and see others who aren't as fortunate. I work with single mothers who are working their butts off just to give their kids a good Christmas. I teach children who have learned not to expect anything at Christmas time. I pass people holding up signs for money as I drive home from my own job.

In the spirit of the holiday season, I extend the deepest thank you to the people who have helped me live the blessed life I do live: my parents, for always supporting me and giving me amazing opportunities in life. My family in general, with an awesome circle of trust, support and humor. My husband, for giving me an amazing little boy, another one on the way and for providing above and beyond for our family with no complaint or hesitation. My friends, who are awesome and amazing to be around. My son Max for being Max :)

I hope everyone is having a blessed holiday season and that we all take the time to examine our own blessings in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment