Thursday, January 20, 2011

One Month Old

This lil dude is turning one month old! What a month it's been around here....honestly, I knew having two kids would be more difficult, but I seriously underestimated how frustrating it could truly be at times! I also forgot how "high maintenance" my sons are the first few months of life as well. Without going into much detail, I will remind you that Max was an EXTREMELY difficult, fussy (ahem, colic) baby up until he was about 3 months old. My naive self kept thinking, "Oh, it won't happen twice!" HA! I have to say, Jackson is somewhat better than Max was....and seems to be starting to show signs of improvement already, which is encouraging :) Jackson gets so gassy throughout the day that he sometimes acts miserable, which breaks my heart. He was also just put on medication for possible acid reflux due to his difficulty taking a bottle sometimes and wincing in pain. I hope everything is turning around for my little man...and we're slowly inching our way to that magical three month mark! I'm also waiting to get some sleep again...Jackson is still a fan of eating every 2-3 hours and I'm patiently waiting for that to space out and get him on more of a schedule.

In other news, Jackson has gained TWO whole pounds since birth....that's right, he now weighs a whopping 8lbs 14oz. He's been giving us some smiles and coos lately...I'm looking forward to a lot more of those once he starts feeling a little better. Max loves his little brother and loves to be our little helper...although sometimes he does get a little jealous, which breaks my heart as well! All in all, we are all doing well and still alive over here! I love having two little boys and can't wait until I get to watch them interact and play with each other a little more. Our family feels very blessed to have our healthy (for the most part) and personable little men :)

Other family side-notes since I haven't blogged in awhile and might now have time until next month:
  • I'm only on maternity leave for 3 more weeks....I go back on Valentine's Day. I have mixed emotions about this - I'm ready to return to my students and my school and get our family back on a regular schedule....but I'm not looking forward to leaving Jackson. I'm also hoping we're on a little bit more of a schedule by then and getting a little bit more sleep.
  • Mark and I booked a vacation - woohoo! We're going to Las Vegas during my Spring Break for a few days, and we can't WAIT!
  • Operation "Get Back Into My Pre-Pregnancy Clothes" is in full force. Since I gain uber amounts of weight in my pregnancies (ahem, about 50 lbs), I've been dieting and working out hardcore the past 3 weeks. Yeah, yeah, yeah I haven't even been cleared by the doctor yet....but I need to fit into my work clothes, dangit! AND our Vegas vacay will be here before you know it. So far, I am down 11 lbs. from when I first weighed myself 3 weeks ago. I still have some more to go, but more and more clothes are fitting everyday and I'm loving it! I do miss my pizza though...especially on some stressful days with the boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment