Monday, January 18, 2010

Woof Woof

In the Fawley household, we are currently looking to expand our family. Since I am not sure what my career holds for me next school year, we unfortunately have to hold off on another baby until I have secured a position. Don't think anyone would want to hire a six months pregnant teacher who would need maternity leave ASAP. BOO. So...a dog it is! The choices are limited though, considering I am allergic to pet dander...also known as shedding dogs. I'm also not a fan of sweeping the house five times a day to get the dog hair up so Max doesn't eat it. Sooo, to my husband's dismay, this has really narrowed our choices down to a breed that is mixed with a poodle, since they don't shed. The breeds we are considering don't look like poodles at all...he just can't bring himself to openly love a dog with an "oodle" in its breed. My solution for him? Just say it's mutt...geez! Testosterone...I tell ya. Our two main contendors are:

Goldendoodle (Golden Retriever + Standard Poodle)





Labradoodle (Labador Retriever + Standard Poodle)





I think we are kind of leaning towards the Goldendoodle. Does anyone have any opinions or experience with either one of these breeds? Does anyone know of any other good nonshedding breeds? We're hoping to find our new family member soon :)









































1 comment:

  1. Hey Brittany..we had a goldendoodle and just recently had to get rid of him due to traveling a lot, having babies, and just not being at home as much, ect. however he was a great dog, wonderful with children, and easy to train. i would suggest getting the dog neutured becuase they are a hyper breed and the vet said that would def calm him down. also our dog was big! we sold him at 10 months old, weighing 60lbs and was extremely tall more like a standard poodle! but its a good breed i would def recommend. let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete