Sunday, July 25, 2010

New Leaf

Sooo...the big news in the Fawley household is that I am now employed and will be teaching in the Fall :) I went on an interview with South Bend Community School Corporation and was hired on the spot. I will know my school and teaching assignment sometime this coming week - I can't wait! Not only do I need to start researching daycares, but I want to get into the classroom and start getting the books together and planning. It will more than likely be an Intermediate Center (middle school), so I'm excited to be back into my original licensed area of teaching :) As far as daycares go, I already know this is going to be a challenge for me....I'm kinda picky. Although Mark's schedule may change (if he hopefully gets day shift soon!), right now he has Mondays off and will watch Max on Mondays....my parents will take Max on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Max will go socialize with other kids at a daycare on Wednesday and Friday. SO, not only do I need to find a GOOD, EDUCATION, REPUTABLE daycare....I need to find one that will allow him to only come two days week at a reasonable rate as well. I've thought about hiring a nanny or someone we know to watch Max at our house those two days, but I just feel like he needs (and wants!) that socialization with other kids. Also, I'd like for him to be in an educational environment. So, the search is on! Any suggestions would be appreciated, because now I seriously need em and quick!

Right now my focus has shifted to get my house reorganized and ready for the hectic Fall schedule to take place. I would love to not have to worry about a messy house while at work - thankfully our cleaning lady is amazing as well :) We're all excited for this new chapter in our lives....I'm really going into this position with a positive attitude and excitment, knowing I've been through a lot and it's only gotta get better from here on out! I'm going to MAKE this an awesome experience and love to do what I do again....make it fun, like it used to be! I'll update as soon as I have more info....in the meantime, please let me know of any reputable daycares you may know of in the Granger area...or close to the Granger area but in South Bend, as I'll be heading in that direction. I need educational, reputable, two days a week, afforable! :)

1 comment:

  1. great news for you!! our sitter allows 2 days a week at $25 a day. if you want more info you can email me at azarembka@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete