Sunday, June 20, 2010

Misunderstood?

Hello, all! Over the past few months, I guess it's been questioned as to why I have a blog and why I share details about my family on it. I guess I've been pondering the question myself....but in the manner of why anybody really cares or feels the need to question why I have should have a blog? To all the mommys on my page, you all know that you are the reason I started this blog. I started this blog as a way to communicate with YOU after reading several of your blogs....after all, the title of my blog is "Confession of the Working MOM". The blog is all about sharing life experiences with your family/children with one another...share/receive advice with one another...and just to stay in touch with those friends you don't get to see or talk to much. Apparently, I am wrong in having a blog and I post too much intimate details about my family, according to some. My response? Theeen....why are you reading my blog? Why do you continue to come to my blog and read what I have posted if you think it's stupid, juvenile and wrong? You come for the same reason I go to other people's blogs and the same reason I started a blog - you're interested. You're interested in what that family is up to - how they're doing - how everyone is - what exciting news they may have - what advice you I may receive/share. This blog is not intended to be a life biography or a tell-all by any means. Frankly, I don't think I've posted any intimate details and/or inappropriate information on here.

While we're on the subject, another clarification I guess I should make is the "defend" myself for being stressed out and blogging about it. Yes, I had a very stressful year due to a very stressful job situation. Yes, I blogged about it without using any specifics. How in the world does "I'm going through a very stressful job situation" translate into "I hate my life and am going to get a divorce"? Apparently, this is how that post was translated by some, so I am here to say "NO, I don't hate my life. NO, I don't want a divorce. But YES, the stress and difficulty I went through my my job last year was REAL and I will NOT apologize for blogging about it." If you are here to ridicule me for sharing a difficult situation with my friends on here, then you may leave. Nobody was invited to read this blog - this is something you actively seek out to read because you are interested. Therefore, if you are actively seeking out my blog to read and then making snide comments and ridiculing me, what exactly are you proving besides that fact that I must fascinate you in some way? Get off the blog then if it's not your cup of tea, geesh! Also, do not judge myself or my family for the things we may have, not have or do. Do not come here, read my blog and then make comments about things such as my family having a cleaning lady or my family taking a vacation. Different people pay for different things, different people may or may not be able to afford different things and different people just plain and simply do different things. This does not give you permission to judge anyone, make any comments to anyone else or anything else. It baffles me that so many of my friend's blogs on here that I read talk about the vacations they just took their family on, new homes they may have purchased, new vehicles they may have purchased, etc. without anyone bashing them (well, at least I hope!). Yet for some reason, I'm a weirdo for having a blog and sharing such information. Any fellow bloggers out there understand that one?

Okay, that's the end of my rant and I'm done with it. See, I feel better about it now that I blogged about it. That silly Brittany, she has to post her life story online :) My ending statement?
If you don't like my blog, then don't read it. If you aren't here to sincerely find out how my family and I are doing or to offer/seek family advice, don't come here. No one is forcing you.

Have a good one :)

3 comments:

  1. loved your post...I say blog away. the great thing about America is that we have choices and get to choose what we do with our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. People are stupid. I'm with Ash...blog away. And shoot, girl if you share too much detail I feel like I REALLY am a tell all. I'm an open book. My ending statment? People are stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I'm so completely baffled by the "uproar" this has caused among a few people. So many people blog, but yet I'm weird and stupid for doing so....although they're reading it? Strange :)

    ReplyDelete