Saturday, June 26, 2010

Is it really almost July already?

I mean, seriously? The 4th of July is NEXT weekend....I'm pretty sure that usually marks summer as half way over. Where did the days go?! I do love the 4th of July though....Mark always tells me that I'm "all about tradition", and I guess I am. My family had a lot of fun traditions for things every year, and I want my kids to experience and remember those fun traditions just as I do. The 4th of July means going over to my parents house (well, lake house nowadays), have a cookout, having my sister's family in town, s'mores and fireworks galore! It's just a fun summer night and I love it :) I'm thinking that Max is old enough this year to really appreciate the fireworks...if he can stay awake that late since it doesn't get dark until around 10:00!

In other news, I am now officially in my second trimester (13 weeks) - woohoo! This is "suppose" to means that I should start feeling better any day now as well as get some of my energy back. I've slowly by surely started feeling less nauseous and better at night (when it was always the worst), but I still have my moments. I also still don't have a lot of energy...but I'm not sure if that's entirely pregnancy related, since I do have a very active 20 month old I'm chasing around all day! I actually took a nap today with Max and it was amazing...I can't remember the last time I got to take a nap in the middle of the day! I've been back to work at the good ol' DQ working three days a week for a few hours for some extra cash. Since I'm obsessed with saving money and not buying anything with credit cards and always having a "cushiony" bank account just in case, I figured it wouldn't hurt to work there a little bit. It's a few days a week for a few hours, and it gets me out of the house and into the business that may one day be ours :) So, come visit me and I'll make you one of the new FABULOUS Orange Julius' that we now serve....my recommendation is the Blackberry Bomb - O.M.G. Addicting. I've also gone on a few interviews lately for special ed teaching positions. I'm not too concerned if I don't receive a teaching position for the next school year - and let's face it, the competition is fierce right now with teachers who have much more experience than me who were laid off looking for jobs - but, if the right job comes along, I'd take it. If not, no biggie, I'll be at home with Max and our new bundle of joy in the Winter a little longer :) It's like a win-win situation here! I should hear back from those schools relatively soon, so we'll see. Speaking of work and Max, I'm thinking of finding a daycare for him starting in the Fall. Even if I don't find a teaching position, I'll work at the DQ a few days a week still for extra cash during the times Max would go. He LOVES other children and never really gets to interact with them, so I feel as though this might be a good idea. I'd also love for him to be able to socialize and start learning around other children. The only problem is 1.) I need to find a suitable daycare around here that I feel comfortable with. and 2.) The price needs to be reasonable. If anyone has any suggestions or comments about any of the day cares around here, PLEASE let me know. I know of a few places I won't send him off of their reputation, so I want every point of view and opinion I can get. I really only need part-time daycare, so the place has to be willing to do a part-time rate (which many places, surprisingly, are not!)...I may only be working a few days a week, and even if I am working a full week, Mark is off one day during the week and my parents will want to watch him another day during the week. What about the new baby? We won't be putting the new baby into daycare until the following Fall....I'll be on maternity leave for a little bit if I receive a teaching position, and then my parents as well as other relatives of ours have volunteered to help out the remaining time until summer break so we don't have to put an itty-bitty baby into daycare if I'm working, just like we did with Max up until this coming Fall :)

Well, that's about it for us right now! About 6-7 weeks until we will know if we're having a boy or a girl, and I seriously cannot wait. What do you think...pink or blue? :)

1 comment:

  1. we were in search for the same type of daycare we only need 2-3days week I found Michele Smith she lives in SB off of Ironwood she charges 25 a day...I've got all her paperwork if you're interested in learning more about her. I'm not sure which DQ you're at and I'm also assuming you're in the South Bend/Granger area. So if you're not then disregard and pretend I mentioned NOTHING:)

    ReplyDelete