Sunday, October 3, 2010

Quick Update

I have a few spare minutes in my day where I thought, "I'll blog!". Since I'm at the mercy of Max waking up from his nap at any moment, this will be a brief, bulleted blog of simple updates in our life. Here goes.



  • Still really enjoying my teaching position this year - yay! Some days are long and stressful, but I'm able to walk out of school at the end of the day with a smile on my face and head home to my family with a clear head, so I'm okay with that!

  • Baby Jack is growing and Mommy Brittany is getting bigger. I'm starting to feel Jack almost all the time now....he's not too shy about making his presence known. In the past few days, my students have commented me to that "I'm getting bigger". I told them I was okay with that, as long as they told me I was "getting smaller" after Jack was born :) I'm still not too big...people find it amazing that I'm almost 7 months pregnant, thinking I look only 4 or 5 months along. Hopefully that means I haven't gained too much weight either (I haven't been brave enough to check that one out in awhile!).....uggh, I hate scales. Speaking of which, my apetite has been out of control lately....not a good sign for my scale, either. Otherwise, mama and baby are doing well. I go for my glucola test on Wednesday....hopefully we'll get an a-okay on that! After this appointment on Wednesday, I'll be in my third trimester and hitting up the doctor's office every two weeks now....like I have the time for that! But, it means we're getting closer :)

  • Max is GROWING UP! His language skills have really taken off since he started to go to daycare two days a week....it's amazing and so worth the money (or so I tell myself when I write that check out weekly...haha, I kid I kid!). He says SO many new words now, and even picks up phrases that we say by just repeating them after we say them. The difference in a month's time is truly amazing. It's like he's a little boy now. This also means we really need to watch our language around the big boy :) I can't believe he's going to be TWO on the 21st....where did time go?! We're currently planning his birthday party right now....Halloween themed, of course :) He's deciding whether he wants to be a dinosaur or Buzz Lightyear for Halloween. Max has become OBSESSED with Toy Story....all he wants to do is watch Toy Story 1 or 2 all day long. He loves Buzz. He has a Toy Story bookbag for daycare, all the Toy Story stuffed animals, tons of Toy Story books, Buzz Lightyear snow boots for Winter, both movies...the third movie already on reserve, Toy Story jammies....he's all decked out. Max has been quite the trooper lately as we head into his "sick" season....he's already had croup (made even worse with his lovely asthma thrown in there) and a double ear infection all within one month....both of which he took like a champ.

Well, Max has woken up from his nap and we're off to eat a snack!

No comments:

Post a Comment